Social media marketing along with search engine optimization is a very attractive tool for all business setups. It is an easy, quick and cost effective way of working on growth targets and business development. However, like all other marketing tools, the right implementation and execution is a pre requisite for success. It is very important to be aware of the potential mistakes and how to avoid these mistakes because once you lose the audience on the social media, it is very difficult to improve your company’s image. Some of such common social media marketing mistakes include the following:
- The most common mistake that businesses make is that they try and cover all possible social media websites. It is an attractive method of increasing your potential customer base however it is not possible to be everywhere at once. You need to assess your target audience first and categorize their characteristics. It is then important to carefully select the right social media network that matches with your requirement. Once you have settled your feet on one platform, you can diversify into other websites as well. The essence should be to focus on quality of marketing and not quantity.
- Be as much interactive as possible. Most businesses continue using the traditional method of one way advertising even while using the social media websites. This is an old approach and does not generate very effective results and outcomes. It is of utmost importance that along with carrying out extensive advertising you also interact with the potential customers to take their views and feedback.
- It is very important to plan your marketing efforts on the social media. A hap hazard and unplanned endeavor can only hurt your business rather than effecting it in a positive manner. Carryout research, find out about your target audience and their social media preferences. After that you are able to draft a plan of execution whereby you not only provided related content and advertisements but also carryout regular postings, surveys, polls, quizzes and promotions. This will ensure that you are in continuous involvement and engagement with the targeted market.
- Avoid using out dated and repetitive content and advertisements. Make your postings attractive with humor, curiosity, Q & As, and indulge in informative discussions to keep the customers involved. Using same content over and over can make your efforts counter-productive.
- Make sure you gauge your outcomes on regular basis. This will help you assess what is most liked by customers and where improvements might be needed.